Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · TacticalGear.com News
Posted on September 1, 2010
As a skilled adventurer, you know paying attention to trail signs is imperative. Without keeping a close watch, you might end up lost. Even worse, you could be totally unprepared for imminent danger.
Then there are signs that aren’t so helpful. You look at it. And you look at it again. Instead of finding deep meaning, the only thing you can bring yourself to do is shake your head.
Well, get ready to do that over and over again. These are those kinds of signs.
1. If you don’t fall into the pit, it will spray noxious gases in your face. A win-win? Perhaps.
2. Expensive and risky. Consider our interest piqued.
3. “Believe it or not, this was actually one of the more clear signs on the trails” reads this photo’s Flickr caption.
4. Take a look at the bottom sign. Say what?!
5. This trail is open to hiking, not bicycling and looking at signs. Sweet!
6. Something this ironic has to be fake.
7. Why not just say “When Nature Calls”?
8. Sure beats bears, right?
11. Even the French Alps are not immune to strange hiking signs.
13. Clearly a highly sophisticated security system.
14. Aside from fish, we really love all wildlife.
16. Quite an intuitive sign.
17. Wouldn’t “Hike at your own risk” suffice?
18. The most detailed trailhead direction guide ever.
19. A totem pole of dangers… During this hike you might: Jump on a rectangular block, trip over some strings, hold up a fallen tree or ahhhh SNAKES!!
20. Are you sure this “stinging” tree isn’t just filled with bees?
21. This trail sign is open for interpretation.
22. Never let a bear walk an unleashed dog and bird!
(Images via dsphoto-, jonathanshaffer, why68, chuntr, ccontemplations, 2000miler, eoconn, nonfinis, mtnegan, ebaumsworld.com, FailBlog.org, kibethan, realaworld, jeffhester, nglinli, outbj, ryates3, rahhali, hellcat, taz)