Copyright © 2017 · All Rights Reserved · TacticalGear.com News
Posted on August 24, 2010
When Bruce Springsteen gruffly chants “Born in the USA,” Americans everywhere seem to get a little teary-eyed and awfully prideful. We hope the following military boots made in the USA will inspire a similar response.
1. Men’s Danner 8″ Recon 200G ($249.95) – This excellent cold-weather boot is 100 percent waterproof and full-grain leather. It boasts a stitchdown construction with a wider platform that increases stability.
2. Men’s McRae 8″ Panama ($119.95) – As a 100 percent Berry Compliant, this boot’s materials originated fully in the United States. While other combat boots claim the USA-made status, Berry Compliance guarantees every aspect of the product is homegrown.
3. Men’s Bates 8″ Tropical Seals Durashocks ($111.99) – Yes, we all know that military boots are going to be a hot item this fall. However, Scottish actor Gerard Butler already appeared on the cover of W Magazine in April donning a pair almost identical to these Tropical Seals Durashocks.
4. Men’s Thorogood 10″ Ulti-Met Structural Wildland Fire Fighting Boot ($225) – With puncture-resisting insole material, fireproof leather and Goodyear Storm Welt Construction, it’s no surprise that this footwear was created especially for firefighters. Needless to say, these are some tough boots for even tougher people.
5. Women’s Danner 8″ Desert Acadia GTX ($249.95) – Of course manufacturers make military boots for women in the USA. Danner carries some of the sturdiest styles with Vibram Sierra outsoles, 1000 Denier nylon uppers and Gore-Tex lining.
6. Men’s Rocky S2V ($171.99) – Also Berry Compliant, Rocky’s S2V have drainage vents that allow water to flow out while blocking bothersome debris. To top that, there’s SuperFabric instep panels that work to prevent early boot failure caused by rope burn.
7. Men’s Belleville 310 ST ($103.99) – This ACU-approved boot is equipped to outwear many other standard-issue boots on the market. Its outsole provides three times longer wear. Its one-piece sole has been proven to not separate–even under heavy wear.