The Resource for Everything Tactical Gear
Warrior Wear Tactical Pants Discontinued
Blackhawk has decided to discontinue its Warrior Wear tactical pants. This news, which we learned yesterday, came with no further explanation other than an attachment of its replacement—the Ultralight Tactical Pants.
Introduced in 2008, the Warrior Wear tactical pants packed in plenty of features at a premium price, including a crotch gusset, a tunneled elastic waistband, Teflon DWR and numerous bar-tacks reinforcements. In its final verdict about the pants, Tactical Pants Review said: “[It’s] not quite tough enough to survive an atomic bomb blast—but pretty darn close.”
Others have praised the pants for their “great fit,” “rock solid construction” and general “pure genius.” Even through reports of slight fading, the Warrior Wear tactical pants became a fan favorite for those who needed a truly tough trouser.
With that said, we can only bask in its memory and perhaps order a few of the last pairs. As difficult as that may be, we must move forward and beckon in Blackhawk’s Ultralight Tactical Pants. According to the specs below, it will prove to be the lightest weight tactical pant when it enters the market in 2011. Although the name reminds us of a cigarette pack, we couldn’t be more thrilled to step into a pair.
Blackhawk Ultralight Tactical Pants
- Ultralight 5.5 oz. cotton/nylon blend
- WR (Water Repellent) fabric treatment resists stains and dries quickly
- Modern fit
- Silicone grip strip in waistband keeps shirt tucked in
- Waistband slides to increase waist size for mobility and comfort
- Belt loops accommodate Blackhawk CQB/Rigger’s Belt and other belts up to 1.75 inches wide
- Gusseted crotch
- Large back patch pockets
- Angled cargo pockets with mesh liner and zippered side pocket
- Double layering in knees for added wear and protection
- Integrated knee pad pockets (pads sold separately)
- Reinforced hems on leg cuffs and hand pockets
For now, we offer one last look at the original Blackhawk Tactical Pants. No tears, please.
Will you miss the Warrior Wear Tactical Pants? What do you think of the Ultralight Tactical Pants?